Spring Flowers

Spring Flowers
For Sale

Saturday, November 30, 2013

So I have been lazy -

This week’s Friday Shoot Out is, “9 to 5, people at work in your town”,  In Brasil I had a huge, still do in fact, archive of photos that I could dig into if the week didn’t let me out to shoot new photos.  For Houston’s photos, I need to get out there and shoot for our weekly topics and that seems to just not happen.  Two weeks ago I spent 4 days in a courtroom listening to boring testimony as the attorneys worked hard for their money, course I would have looked silly snapping photos while they worked.
Last week it rained all week and I don’t mean little sprinkles but hard gushing blowing cold rain.  There is no taking the camera out on days like that….. oh, I guess I could have gone to the mall and snapped sales clerks hard at work – but I didn’t.  I worked hard in a warm house baking for the Thanksgiving meal on Thursday.
Houston is an Oil services, shipping, banking, and medical center town.  Most of that is tied directly to like businesses in South America.  I think I have touched on most of this in other FSO weeks, maybe not focused on the worker.  I would love to go on a rig and take photos but don’t get excited it is not likely to happen anytime soon.  oh if only I were still in Brasil…..
What does that leave me…. gardeners and lawn men; mowing, cutting and digging, and, this week, hanging Christmas decorations.  And yesterday a high school play-off game; the team, coaches and refs working hard on the day after Thanksgiving – so enjoy just a couple of Houston My Town photos just to show I am not just being lazy ….. 
DSC_0767A couple years ago - but on November 20 – new trees are planted in the Rose Garden.
This year, rain and cold would have kept the city garden crew at home.








Saturday Play-off game between Elkins high of Missouri City – GO KNIGHTS - and the Katy Tigers
DSCN2797  DSCN2756 
The guys that work hard to make the game play stay inside the rules.
DSCN2758
Yes,  I had some envy issues seeing that lens.  Yes, I realize that if I bought something like that I would have to take photography seriously …..  there were 4 official photographers on our side of the field using super cameras – I wonder what they would think of my quick snaps.

DSCN2792

and the cheerleaders,  who are working Hard keep us enthusiastic even when the score went to
56 Katy TIGERs to 26 Elkin’s Knights.  Ouch!



9 comments:

  1. I would have been envious at that lens as well! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ginger! Whoot! Good to find your blog again Love that banner. I have been out of the loop lately, moved out of the tax-me-state of Maryland and back to the Northeast Georgia Mountains, and just settling in to blogging again - a little. Love your photos. It will be nice to go around to the old blogs and see how people have progressed in their photography. You have done well, my friend. I hope to join a few of the Friday shoot-outs. Since I moved I changed my blog to thenandnowphotos.blogspot.com. My cat also "deecided" to do a selfie blog, so if you know of any "hoomuns" who have cat photographers send them to: selfiecat.blogspot.com. Skipper would love to share.

    Keep in touch. Email is still the same. I will be back soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patty, I can't believe it, you stopped by to say hello. I have been by your new blog.... Don't remember maybe through Facebook. Yes yes yes you can join in on FSO any time, as many times as you like....just write a post and then go to FSO blog - here- http://mytownshootout.blogspot.com.br/?m=0. And link up.


      Hugs from Houston.

      Delete
    2. Would be great to see you again, Patty. And you have a new town to show us? Please do join us when you have time.

      Delete
  3. I think other website proprietors should take this web site as an model, very clean and magnificent user genial style and design, let alone the content. You are an expert in this topic!

    Best Cardsharing Server

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ginger, I have equipment envy! Not that I'd know how to use that monster but I'd sure be happy to be seen with it. Love that shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't u wish you have a camera like that? Could be too heavy though.

    No, not be learning to surf, my son was. I turn 60 next year, and I am not adventurous any more. I live 5 minutes walk to the beach, and I swam just once. On the way home, I fell/tumbled down the slope. Got a bit of phobia now

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, Ginger. Thanks for the email invitation. You are still a great lady. I may surprise you one Friday. I don't even remember my password.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your post made me laugh. One of my fears is being called for jury duty and falling asleep from boredom...as long as I stay busy, I stay awake. Sit down to read or watch TV - asleep in minutes!

    ReplyDelete