Spring Flowers

Spring Flowers
For Sale

Friday, February 11, 2011

Rio framed by the sea and the mountains

It is hard to believe that Friday has come around again so soon.  Today, we traveled from Friburgo to Rio, then lunch out, grocery shopping and, of course, our nap in the heat of the afternoon, so this day went by way to quickly and I find myself writing this post almost at midnight – but still on Friday. 
I have always taken photos with distant points framed by trees, or flowers, or contrasting colors - enhancing, adding perspective, diverting my eye from the too wide horizon.  Framing creates a space and context.  Here are a few framed photos of the Lagoa in Rio.
DSC05984 Lagoa 1222005 (21) 
DSC_1926 DSC06066 SAM_0175
DSC06437 DSC_1300
And just so you don’t forget – the view from the veranda in Nova Friburgo.  Taken this week at sunrise – the clouds in the valley obscuring the slides on the hills across the valley.
DSC_7945

6 comments:

  1. The last shot is simply so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ginger these are amazing. I love them all but I think I like the ones framed by the trees best. And the last one is breathtaking too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful place to live! My favorite is the third. The arch walk way with the vines is so beautiful! Great job on framing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you are a natural at this, and what an interesting environment you have there to photograph. The last landscape is awesome, and I also really like the view of Rio framed by trees, top right. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your area where you live is so gorgeous!! how do you take that every day? :-) all are fantastic in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Missed your post last week, Ginger. Love the views framed by trees! And that covered archway is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete