Spring Flowers

Spring Flowers
For Sale

Thursday, April 24, 2008

A romantic vison of Brasil

Over the last couple of years I have written about many things in Brasil that I don't understand, that I don't like, that I see as wrong, and few times, what I feel is right. This morning as I walked to the gym at about 10:30, walking along listening to an 'easy listening' samba on my Shuffle (I don't know the artist or the song title, it isn't important), but as I strolled along, the street bright with sunlight, the colors clear and true, it seemed that the others: pedestrians, bicycles, cars, dogs, the men in black, (no, no the buses I blocked out of my romantic version!), all moved and swayed in a sophisticated ballet - a ballet that followed the rhythm of the samba playing in my ear. Romantic, yes, but the stuff of great cinematography.

No comments:

Post a Comment