Spring Flowers

Spring Flowers
For Sale

Thursday, September 09, 2010

Door knobs of Arezzo

we are no longer in Lucca – the internet just wouldn’t download the blog post – so here it is from Siena – an additional note – the doors and windows AND knobs should be titled – doors.. etc of Tuscany.  I have been seeing these motifs repeated in every city we have been walking.
we have had intermittent hard rain for two days.  tonight we will stay in Siena and hope that the hordes of tourist go home and leave the city to us.  ….  I have lots of food to talk about – hope you come back to read more.
From two days ago ……. Hello From Lucca!  Today is cloudy and and has a look of rain to come.  No problem – it is our first day to not have perfect weather – we will give nature her due.
While looking at all the wonderful doors and windows in Arezzo - I also was noticing the door knobs.  It took two days for me to start seeing repeats – The motifs kept to the historical look of the city, brass and bronze and wrought iron.  Like the doors they are beautiful.  Here are a few.
DSC_5814 DSC_5830 DSC_5812
DSC_5811 DSC_5813 DSC_5819 DSC_5822
DSC_5830 DSC_5832 DSC_5905
DSC_6012

4 comments:

  1. I love these! I took pictures of door knockers & hitching posts in Tuscany as well; they're so great. I'm glad you're having a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I am so enjoying the trip! (you know, via reading along on the blog....)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to have this opportunity to see what you have been experiencing. I love the one on the left of the second row but wouldn't knock any of them back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What BEAUTIFUL door ornaments, simply gorgeous! Enjoy the Italy trip? I hope you are, I have fond memories too...

    ReplyDelete