Spring Flowers

Spring Flowers
For Sale

Saturday, September 04, 2010

3rd day in Arezzo :

  DOORS AND WINDOWS OF AREZZO
DSC_5472 We traveled from Verona to Arezzo on Thursday, one day early.  I haven’t told you the whole story yet, but we had pretty much walked the ‘centro storico’ from end to end and had taken a day to drive around a portion of Lake Garda.  Moving on felt like the right thing to do.
Thursday afternoon we had found our B & B and settled in.  The B&B is about 5 km outside of Arezzo.  At first we were all hesitant about the distance and the driving but by the time we’d seen the parties and other crowds playing in the streets in the evenings, we were glad for the silence of the surrounding village at night.  One problem for me though is that we can only get an internet connection outside in the back yard were there isn’t any electricity for the computer and even then the wireless connection is only two bars…… and SLOW!
I know I am on vacation and I don’t have to post every day – and I haven’t – but my mother, sister, daughter and granddaughter and a couple friends in Friburgo are following the trip and I like to share as much as possible with them. 
Boy did I get off track….. or in the very least the track went the long way around.  after walking Verona in Arezzo I noticed immediately the variety of interesting doorways, and windows.  I will not attempt to describe these doors I am just going to post a selection (big selection) and let you see for yourself.  It seems that on every street, around each corner there is a church or an ancient abbey, each with its individual style of door.   Here are a few :
DSC_5409 DSC_5423
DSC_5430 DSC_5431
DSC_5432 DSC_5440
DSC_5449 DSC_5458
DSC_5481 DSC_5626
SAM_1525 DSC_5638
DSC_5484 DSC_5627
DSC_5637DSC_5435 SAM_1606
SAM_1624 SAM_1662
SAM_1661 SAM_1668
DSC_5424 SAM_1625
SAM_1687 SAM_1708

5 comments:

  1. Very good!! Impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! Love your photos, as usual. Glad you have some connection to keep us updated : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magnificent.
    One of the best things about traveling is wandering around and noticing all these sorts of ordinary details that people who live there barely see any more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love love love these!

    I visited Cataloochee St Park to see the elks and visit the old Campbell House and took photos of light through doorways and windows - love these kinds of photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't find the right word. Love them!

    ReplyDelete