Spring Flowers

Spring Flowers
For Sale

Monday, August 04, 2008

Winter Festival - Nova Friburgo, Brasil (Festival de Inverno 2008)

Every winter sometime in either June / July / or August there is a winter festival in the State of Rio de Janeiro. There are normally concerts, street fairs, street dancing and eco-tourism activities scheduled in Petrópolis, DSC_9747Teresópolis, Nova Friburgo (including Lumiar). (Google Festival de Inverno 2008 for more information).    I planned for one of the hikes scheduled by SESC Rio de Janeiro on Sunday morning (August 3) 

Sunday dawned bright and clear. I wasn't sure about doing this walk, getting up at 6:00 on a Sunday, taking a hike with strangers (Portuguese speaking strangers at that) and I had no clue of where we were going, but I went and I enjoyed. 15 or so of us met at the SESC office in Nova Friburgo, boarded the bus at 8 am and were taken for one hour towards Teresópolis. DSC_9757DSC_9759

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DSC_9775DSC_9760
This is one of the best choices I have made since living in this country. The hike, taking us through land of small farms, up dirt roads, across horse trails and up some pretty steep grades, took about 4 1/2 hours up to the base of the Three Peeks and 2 1/2 hours down back to the bus, made me once again appreciate the beauty of Brazil.
DSC_9790DSC_9748
DSC_9852DSC_9851
 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! The land looks amazing. I hope to visit someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ginger, that is a great blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This place is amazing! Paradise!

    ReplyDelete