Spring Flowers

Spring Flowers
For Sale

Thursday, September 02, 2010

Good Morning from Verona

My days are getting a little confused.  I wanted to write this last night but just collapsed instead.  Today is Thursday. I write that for my own benefit – coming here you loose a day of reference and then they all start running together in an orgy of food and new sights. On Tuesday we did a walking tour of Old Verona.  Went up in the tower (Torre Dei Lamberti). Camillo took the elevator – I took the stairs, all 368.  I went down by elevator though, the challenge is going up and my point had been made. 

DSC_4923DSC_4938

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DSC_4944

DSC_4935

DSC_4920

 

DSC_4973DSC_4969DSC_4946


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DSC_4948

DSC_4971

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DSC_4970

DSC_5013

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                                                                                       We ate lunch in La Taverna Di Via Stella (Osteria con cucina tipica) Via Stella, 5/c – 37121 Verona- This restaurant gets a 9 – only because I am holding out with my ‘10’ rating.   For the two of us the lunch was 8 Euro more than yesterday’s rated‘6’, but we had a bottle of -- see below – an antipasti, shared grilled lamb chops with a veggie plate, and a salami di chocolate….all top notch for 46 Euro. This lunch in Rio would have been R$200.00 and the veggies would not have included radichio (see above) which I have never seen in Brazil good or otherwise. I’ll write about yesterday in a separate post so we don’t get mixed up.

 

DSC_5026

DSC_5004

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DSC_4986

DSC_5105
SAM_1377DSC_5025
SAM_1384
    
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. You're making me so hungry! I've never been to Verona, but it looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!!

    The tower shares the name of the company that Quentin works for (it's Italian owned...). A common family name in Italy?

    The dinner sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! Your header photo is fantastic. I have been looking at it for a LONG time.

    Thank you for the view into your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will take a plate with some tomato, cabbage, ham and the whole bottle of wine :)

    ReplyDelete