Spring Flowers

Spring Flowers
For Sale

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Its spring!

DSC_1572 There is no doubt in my mind that it is spring here in Texas. In the shade it is cool, the breeze which is more than a breeze but less then a wind, is cool and the sun is HOT. The trees are blooming and there is sign of our famous azaleas are beginning to bloom.
My new header photo was taken in Friburgo, this green orchid a gift from a friend for my birthday. In Brazil it is the habit to bring flowers to the hostess no matter what the occasion - I think it a great habit, don't you? I took the photo in my kitchen - not optimum apparently but I wanted the yellow walls to be the background and didn't check the shots before leaving last Thursday, they were all blurred. I need a tripod.
DSC_1708
On Thursday this week, I drove downtown to have lunch with the girls at the office.....and stopped for a moment at Memorial park to see what was happening..... Spring is in the air.
DSC_1693 
 
DSC_1671
DSC_1665

2 comments:

  1. Spring has definitely arrived, after what seemed a very long winter.
    Good to see the buds and blossom on the trees, and a beautiful new header too Ginger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely for you ...and it is Autumn here!

    ReplyDelete