Spring Flowers

Spring Flowers
For Sale

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Yesterday - the beauty of fresh air in Paris

DSC_9915After 5 days of snow, rain, and fog, yesterday dawned clear and considerably colder. We bought another hat to keep my ears warm, and if we stopped, hiding in corners out of the wind, we were able to stay comfortable. Forget being elegant, I am suffering from Hat Hair, and chapped face and lips.   We are covering a lot of area walking and taking the subway a bit and enjoying the food and drink very much.  I have already taken several hundred photos.  I have no discretion - everything looks beautiful and worthy of a shot to me. 
The first shot was taken on Christmas Eve as we made out way back to the hotel and it began to rain in earnest.    Camillo was leading the way and I loved the shadows and the play of light on the wet sidewalks. (classic French Painting) The next two were taken yesterday as the sunset was setting at about 5:30 - Yesterday we walked to the river, crossed over, searching for a museum we never found. We ended up walking down (up?) along the river cutting across to the Rue du Bac and then following Bvld St. Germain back to the hotel near Notre Dame. (total another 5 hours)    
 DSC_0251 DSC_0045
 
Being Christmas day, everything except the most touristy places were closed but we walked through the grounds of the Louvre enjoying the sunshine with a couple hundred (thousand) other tourists. The grounds are quite nice, many statues, benches and a sense of open space in the city. I took many photos of really nice statues but thought you would enjoy the last photo - the agony - the indignity of pigeons landing on your head all day .    
 
DSC_0010  DSC_0120
    Camillo's suitcase has still not arrived.

6 comments:

  1. I loved your Friday shootout and the Paris one now. Sorry I forgot to link to Mr. Linky. Two weeks ago I made a shortcut so I could do it easily...then forgot I had done it and couldn't remember how to do it yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, these are really good pictures. Everything looks so beautiful, I understand why you can't stop taking pictures. Thanks for showing us cos we might never get the chance to actually breathe the Parisian air, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you in Paris! Poor Camillo....hope his suitcase turns up before you have to leave again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! I do not know what is worse, the pigeons or his suit case not arriving? I hope your trip otherwise is beautiful! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ginger, I'm so excited for you. What a beautiful city! I'd say the pigeon shot was quite serendipitous! LOL!
    Hope you're having a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry the luggage has still not arrived, but so grateful for the photos! You have such an eye for beauty -- love it all. Thanks for sharing it with us : )

    ReplyDelete