Spring Flowers

Spring Flowers
For Sale

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

first day in Rome

The best laid plans can very quickly become a mess. we were to meet Marissa in Paris and finish the trip into Rome together - well that happened but Marissa spent five hours alone at the CDG wondering why we didn't come and find her and I spend nearly two hours running all over the airport asking Air France personnel where they had taken her. They brought her to the connecting flight okay - but what a mess. Air France personnel are either poorly trained or lazy - one woman actually told me - step aside I have others to help - I leaned over her desk and in her face said and I NEED HELP NOW - she just stared at me and refused to talk.... I will send this note into cyber space.... do not fly Air France they are more expensive and have no concept of customer service.! First night - we went to Camillo's sister's for dinner, an eating marathon but all fantastic. Monday morning Marissa, Camillo and I walked down Via Nazionale (the hotel is near the Termini train station) and visited the tomb of the unknown soldier, the Colosseum, and the Trevi Fountain, then walked back to the hotel.... taking photos all the way - about 5 hours of walking while still jet lagged, then a long nap before dinner at 8:00, Today - Marissa and I went to the Vatican, the Sistine Chapel, St Angelo's castle, the Pantheon, lunch at a very bad sidewalk cafe and a walk back to the hotel. - today 8 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment